WHAT DO YOU CHARGE FOR PLAYING?
- Our fees begin at only $100 depending
upon the NUMBER of Musicians requested and the LOCATION of the Special Event. Consequtive hours begin at only $39/additional hour.
YOU TAKE CREDIT CARDS OR PAY-PAL?
- Sorry, we only accept checks or
cash which keeps our rates so affordable!
HOW DO I RESERVE A DATE & TIME?
- We will typically send you our CONFIRMATION CONTRACT and request a nominal Deposit ($100
- $150) to save your Special Date & Time.
DO YOU PLAY FOR OUTDOOR WEDDINGS?
- YES! Outdoor Garden Marriage Ceremonies are our
- We all play accoustical instruments, & have a portable
electric keyboard which we use often outdoors as an accompaniment.
WHAT DO YOU WEAR?
- We usually dress in our Professional Symphony All-Black attire.
- Outdoor Weddings in the summer
may require cooler Professional attire...usually Black or Black & White
HAPPENS IF ONE OF YOUR MUSICIANS GETS SICK OR CAN'T PLAY?
- Houston String Music has 24 Professional Musicians playing Cello, String Bass,
Viola, Violin, Vocal, Piano, Trumpet, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Bagpipes, Trombone, Harp, & Guitar all of whom play together on a regular basis.
- We have no problem substituting players.
CAN YOU SEND US A RECORDING OF YOUR PLAYING OR CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO HEAR YOU PLAY?
- When someone sends
you a recording, you have no idea who is actually
- We have listened to some of these
CD's which are floating around, and (no surprise) they all sound like the same group!
receive HUNDREDS of requests for a recording per year. We are able to record our playing, of course, but to send
out several hundred Demo tapes or CD's per year is impossible.
- Our reference list includes many 'clients' as well as musical
leaders in our community.
- Our practice
sessions are not usually open to the public as they are held on-the- lake where we go for recreation & relaxation.
- We understand your wanting to hear us play, of course and have often played over-the-phone for people
while we are practicing.
HOW DO WE KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR OUR DATE & TIME?
- When you make your initial inquiry, we check our Engagement
Calendar immediately and will get back with you within 24 hours.
- However, we obviously 'CANNOT HOLD' the Date & Time for you at this point (see below).
WE INQUIRED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ABOUT HAVING YOU PLAY FOR OUR WEDDING IN MARCH BUT NOW
YOU TELL US THAT YOU HAVE SCHEDULED OTHER WEDDINGS ON OUR DAY. WHY?
- To avoid disappointment, we explained with your initial inquiry, we cannot hold
open your Date & Time without your CONFIRMATION
CONTRACT and a nominal Deposit of $100-$150.
are flexible and able to work with you but you need to confirm your Date & Time as soon as possible!