WHAT DO YOU CHARGE
- Our fees range from $49-$125 depending upon the NUMBER of Musicians requested and the LOCATION of the Special Event.
DO YOU TAKE CREDIT CARDS OR PAY-PAL?
- Sorry, we only
accept checks or cash which keeps our rates so affordable!
HOW DO I RESERVE A DATE & TIME?
- We will typically
send you a Confirmation Contract and request a nominal Deposit ($100 - $150)
to save your Special Date & Time.
DO YOU PLAY FOR OUTDOOR WEDDINGS?
- YES! Outdoor Garden Marriage
Ceremonies are our Specialty!
- We all
play accoustical instruments, & have a portable electric keyboard which we use often outdoors as an accompaniment.
WHAT DO YOU WEAR?
- We usually dress in our Professional Symphony All-Black attire.
- Outdoor Weddings in the summer
may require cooler Professional attire.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE OF YOUR MUSICIANS GETS SICK
OR CAN'T PLAY?
- Houston String Music has 24 Professional Musicians playing Cello, String Bass, Viola, Violin,
Vocal, Piano, Trumpet, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Bagpipes, Trombone, Harp, Guitar, & Steel Drums all of whom play
together on a regular basis.
- We have no problem substituting players.
SEND US A RECORDING OF YOUR PLAYING OR CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO HEAR YOU PLAY?
- When someone sends you a recording,
you have no idea who is actually
- We have listened to some of these CD's which are floating around, and
(no surprise) they all sound like the same group!
- We receive HUNDREDS of requests
for a recording per year. We are able to record our playing, of course, but to send out several hundred Demo tapes
or CD's per year is impossible.
- Our reference list includes many 'clients' as well as musical leaders
in our community.
- Our practice sessions are not usually open to the public as they are held on-the- lake where
we go for recreation & relaxation.
- We understand
your wanting to hear us play, of course and have often played over-the-phone for people while we are practicing.
HOW DO WE KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR
OUR DATE & TIME?
- When you make your initial inquiry, we check our Engagement Calendar immediately and will get
back with you within 24 hours.
- However, we obviously 'CANNOT HOLD' the Date & Time for you at this point (see below).
INQUIRED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ABOUT HAVING YOU PLAY FOR OUR WEDDING IN MARCH BUT NOW YOU TELL US THAT YOU HAVE
SCHEDULED OTHER WEDDINGS ON OUR DAY. WHY?
- To avoid disappointment, we explained with your initial inquiry, we cannot hold open your Date &
Time without your Confirmation Contract and a nominal Deposit of $100-$150.
- We are flexible and able to work with you but you need to confirm your Date & Time as soon as possible!